Top Foods to EAT if You've Got Candida
1. Coconut Oil: It's a potent antifungal and also an immune system strengthener.
2. Garlic: It has powerful antifungal properties to attack Candida.
3. Onions: They have strong anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and anti-parasitic properties.
4. Seaweed: It flushes toxic pollutants and heavy metals from the body.
5. Ginger: This naturally detoxes the body, increasing circulation and detoxifying the liver.
6. Olive Oil: It contains a plant chemical named Oleuropein, a powerful anti-fungal, and has been proven to balance blood sugar.
7. Lemon and lime Juice: They stimulate the peristaltic action of your colon, which helps gets things moving through your digestive tract. These are amazing cleansers.
8. Pumpkin Seeds: They're high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which have anti-fungal, anti-viral and anti-parasitic properties.
9. Raw Apple Cider Vinegar: Raw apple cider vinegar is rich in natural enzymes, encourages the growth of healthy bacteria, and balances your body's pH level.
Top Foods to AVOID if You've Got Candida
1. Fruits & fruit juices: Although the sugar is natural, they still feed the candida.
2. Breaded, cured & smoked meats & fish: They're often loaded with sugar or sulphates.
3. Condiments: Common ones such as ketchup, mayonnaise, mustard and soy sauce are mostly sugar and/or vinegar.
4. Sugar alternatives: This includes honey, agave, rice syrup, molasses etc. These are still sugar, unfortunately.
5. Corn, peanuts & pistachios: They carry mould.
6. Beans & grains: High in carbohydrates which readily convert to sugar when digested.
7. Soy products: If you are still on the soy bandwagon, this is your stop.
8. Dairy products: Unless it's fermented, forget it. Milk contains lactose, which is a sugar.
9. Alcohol: Not only high in sugar, alcohol is also tough on the immune system.
10. Mushrooms & pickles: Not similar but equally sad to eliminate. Mushrooms are yeast themselves and pickles are made from vinegar (usually not Apple Cider Vinegar).